Responsible for all activities in the accounts payable function. Ensures timely processing and payment of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports. Enforces Company policies when it comes to use of Purchase Orders and Delegation of Authority for approval of company expenditures. Review applicable accounting reports and accounts payable register to ensure accuracy. Responsible for identifying system and process improvements and enhancements.
1. Oversees and supports the entire cycle of the accounts payable operation including, but not limited to, invoice and expense report processing, cash disbursement, handling exceptions (such as voiding/re-issuing check, posting stop payments with banks, and etc.), and other system and banking needs.
2. Oversees the month-end accounting close process and preparation of AP reports to management
3. Oversees and facilitates the periodic filings of statutory reports, such as 1099/1042, local Use and Sales Tax, unclaimed property, etc.
4. Maintains master vendor files and related banking information according to company policy and procedures
5. Leads process improvements and system enhancements for the company accounting and banking system
6. Performs other related duties and ad hoc assignments as required
7. Exhibits leadership qualities that promotes an environment of open communication, teamwork, and continuous staff development
8. Assist with audits
9. Analyze supplier aging and resolve old unrecognized balances
10. Additional duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. 2+ years of experience in supervising staff
2. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
3. Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
4. Ability to lead a team environment with emphasis on customer service, accuracy and timeliness
5. Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Great Plains
6. Telecommunications industry experience preferred
1. 8+ years of experience in accounts payable
1. Associate’s degree (or higher) in Accounting or related field is a plus