The IP Engineering III position will perform all activities associated with the creation, maintenance and support of all Logix Network Elements. Duties include high level routing, switching and MPLS network engineering, configuration and support. We will offer on the job training for the ideal candidates.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Required to create, manage and monitor major projects.
- Perform network analysis and design for all network infrastructures.
- Evaluate and test new technologies in order to provide recommendations to management.
- Coordinate with engineering staff for the establishment and testing of new circuit connections.
- Provide primary network design for Logix disaster recovery.
- Responsible for all future networking technologies within Logix.
- Provides oversight on the process workflows for Netgroup ticket activities and implementation of new technologies, as applicable.
- Provide higher-level management for circuit provisioning staff and processes.
- Advanced working knowledge of Windows Operating systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Advanced working knowledge of Ciena, Adtran, Brocade, ALU/Nokia and Cisco routers.
- Advanced working knowledge of routing protocols (OSPF,ISIS and BGP).
- Advanced working knowledge of MPLS L2/L3.
- Good understanding of MEF 2.0/3.0 standards.
- Advanced working knowledge of STP, RSTP, 8032 ERP.
- Base working knowledge of SIP and all network elements associated with SIP (Session Border Controllers, Registry Servers, Application Servers and Softswitch Technology).
- Advanced working knowledge of Wireshark
- Advanced Local Area Network Knowledge.
- Advanced Wide Area Network knowledge.
- Good working knowledge of Ethernet based fiber optic networks as well as SONET and DWDM.
- Provide support to Tier 2 and Tier 3 Support/NOC staff.
- Ability to manage Lab testing projects and document accordingly.
- Ability to create, review and implement change management procedures as needed.
- May be required to travel to other markets for special projects or training.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Adheres to policies and procedures;
- Attends work on time as scheduled;
- Required to call in to report an absence no less than one hour prior to the start of the shift by contacting the supervisor directly and stating reason for absence;
- Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties from time to time as requested by the Vice-President/CTO or as business needs dictate.