- Responsible for customer discovery and actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. Must be able to lead discussions to understand and document business needs and design solutions for the voice, data, hosted, cloud and data center solutions.
- Create relationships with decision makers and influencers by servicing as the technical liaison and being a trusted advisor.
- Participate in strategic and tactical account level planning as an integral member of the team. Responsible for product demonstrations and white board presentations for prospective customers, existing customers.
- Responsible for the solution design and clearly communicates the design with the ordering, implementation and customer support teams.
- Lead and participate in cross functional teams for non-standard approvals and supporting new product releases.
- Meets and exceeds team member expectations by providing service and department teamwork;
Provides value added service to customers by doing whatever reasonable and possible to meet or exceed customer expectations;
Provide technical training and development supporting the local sales teams.
Communicates effectively with customers, co-workers and management;
- Performs other duties from time to time as requested by immediate supervisor or as business needs dictate.
- Adhere to company practices and regulations.
- Establish and adhere to a record of good attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain confidentiality of all customer and company information.
- Complete any special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Follow industry trends through self-study and formal training sharing with team members and customers.
- Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects managing deliverables. Time management skills are critical for success.
- Effective presentation, communications and customer relationship skills oral and written are required
- Ability to define problem(s), define seriousness of problem(s), collect data, and establish facts.
- Maintain positive attitude towards co-workers and customers.
- Maintain honesty and integrity in all dealings.
- Troubleshooting abilities.
- Exceptional presentation abilities utilizing PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle. Must have valid motor vehicle operator’s license and a responsible driving record.
Bachelor of Arts or Science. Degree in related field preferred. Five (5) to seven (7) years sales engineering, solution design. Strong knowledge networking services, telephony, data center solutions (Colo, Cloud and Hybrid Cloud).
Industry Leading Certifications Preferred (Cisco, Juniper, Adtran)
SD-WAN, MPLS, SIP, IP routing and switching
Customer Premise Equipment knowledge from major vendors
TDM, SONET and Ethernet technologies and products
Data Center Networking
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak clearly and listen effectively. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Standing and walking are necessary. Must be able to lift items up to 15 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.