Houston, TX 77092
The Data Provisioning Order Department L1 will perform all activities associated with the creation and support of Internet orders, customer installs/turn-ups and circuit testing. Duties include all Logix products such as, Internet, MPLS Layer2/Layer3, E-mail and DNS. We will offer on the job training for the ideal candidates.
- Complete service order activity for new customer installs and existing customer ACDs.
- Excellent knowledge of Brocade and Alcatel-Lucent routers command line structure.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to observe and make recommendations for changes or upgrades to Logix based software applications directly associated with order processing.
- Ability to interact with other departments in a high volume environment.
- Represent Data Provisioning in equipment or product conversions that require mass records or database changes.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Adheres to policies and procedures;
- Attends work on time as scheduled;
- Required to call in to report an absence no less than one hour prior to the start of the shift by contacting the Manager directly.
- Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety rules and procedures.
- Performs other duties from time to time as requested by the Manager or as business needs dictates.
- Adhere to company practices and regulations.
- Follow all documentation and processes associated with task.
- Establish and retain a record of good attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain confidentiality of all customer and company information.
- Complete any special projects as assigned.
- Works in a safe manner adheres to the safety guidelines set forth in company policy.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be able to learn all aspects of the job by attending seminars/vocational schools or classes, reading instruction manuals, on-the-job-training, etc.
- Demonstrate creative and organizational skills in order to work through projects producing accurate and effective end results.
- Ability to collect data, establish facts, define problem(s), and evaluate seriousness of problem(s).
- Maintain positive attitude towards customers, co-workers and management.
- Maintain honesty and integrity in all circumstances.
- Effective time management.
- Professional and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle. Must have valid motor vehicle operator’s license and a responsible driving record.
College degree or 2 years experience in major area. Basic Network knowledge. Basic Windows knowledge. Two years experience with routing and switching infrastructures is required.