ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close, which includes preparation of journal entries and financials.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO, VP of Finance, Controller, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with Assistant Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Prepares certain balance sheet reconciliations.
- Researches accounting issues for compliance with GAAP.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- BA/BS in Accounting
- CPA preferred but not required