Must be willing to relocate to Houston. We will only consider applicants that have 5+ years telecommunications experience in Service Delivery and circuit design.
The foundation of this position is establishing processes to provide consistently high levels of order throughput, efficient processes, and a best in class customer installation experience. The Director will manage a team and oversee all employees within the service delivery department, which includes managers & front line employees. The role is well suited to a person that has a passion for providing an excellent customer experience, who possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills, and who enjoys working as part of a team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Manage and implement processes to maximize order throughput while minimizing the order to cash interval
- Maintain metrics for all aspects of the department such as but not limited to order intervals, hit and missed due dates, scheduled revenue realization, etc.
- Identify, deploy and/or reallocate necessary resources to execute work efficiently and successfully while managing the overall health and financial budget of the projects. Find ways to reduce costs without affecting the overall customer experience, (i.e. removing paperwork from administrative tasks or removing unnecessary steps in the process.
- Oversee employees in different stages of the delivery process, even though they may not be their direct line manager. Hold all service departments and employees within these teams accountable for carrying out the required processes and tasks and providing great customer service.
- Responsible for building partnerships and liaising with team leaders to determine services, the criteria for the delivery of those services, and how to develop solutions to any issues that arise.
- Establish and refine service delivery customer experience and processes. The goal of streamlining these processes and procedures is to ensure that each customer gets the same great experience from the initial stage.
- Assess customer feedback and improving procedures accordingly to ensure that great customer service is provided at all times. Evaluate a customer’s experience against a set of customer satisfaction goals and criteria.
Cost and Efficiency
- Responsible for meeting & exceeding monthly forecasted revenue goals related to orders fulfilled and sent to billing.
- Ensure orders are processed and installed within standard intervals.
- Resolve internal, customer & off-net vendor escalations.
- Work closely with Outside Plant Construction and Network Engineering to ensure construction projects are completed within standard timeframes.
- Collaborate with Sales, Pricing team and Engineering to assist in off-net vendor sourcing and product proposals.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- 5+ years telecommunications experience in Service Delivery and circuit design.
- Above average interpersonal and communications skills.
- Basic knowledge of communication service products, such as analog lines, SIP, PRI, HPBX, DID’s, Internet, MPLS, Data, etc.
- Strong experience in continuous improvement initiatives throughout Infrastructure focused on operational efficiency, service quality, and governance/compliance
- Proven ability to implement operational metrics and translate those metrics to process improvement initiatives
- Subject Matter Expertise and experience in defined area of responsibility
- Understands complex technical telecommunications and/or IT components and gauge how each component will impact the system as a whole
- Understands advanced and emerging technologies and their impact on the existing architecture and business/service offerings
- Understands various architectures and configurations and support tradeoffs between competing alternatives
- Working knowledge of maintenance, network operations centers, repair, network planning processes
- Candidate should be resourceful, versatile, flexible and have a commitment to diversity
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of an organization
- Ability to view issues from a strategic perspective yet prioritize delivery to meet tactical goals
- Strong leadership, coaching, behavioral reinforcement, organization, and analytic skills required
- Team player who works well in situations requiring a high level of collaborative and empathy