1. Provision customer orders, place, and remove cross-connects in Digital Cross Connect Systems.
2. Maintain and perform trouble and alarm isolation on Network Hub Switches, Digital Cross Connect Systems, and other network elements.
3. Maintain Office Batteries, Power Plants, and Emergency Generators.
4. Install, maintain, and provision Transport and MUX equipment in the Network Transport Hub office and at collocation sites, Data Centers, and customer sites as necessary.
5. Interact with customers on new installs, disconnects, and trouble reports as needed
6. Cable, connect, and install peripheral equipment or customer premises and Data Center equipment when necessary.
7. Analyze and clear customer troubles and network outages.
8. Place physical wiring, fiber connections, and test and accept multi-level transport facilities.
9. Use hand tools and test equipment as required to install, test, and maintain customer service.
10. Assist other Logix departments with office requirements including but not limited to Field Services, Provisioning, NOC, Translations, NENG, IPENG and other group technicians.
11. Perform General maintenance on all Network Transport Hub Equipment (i.e.: Cleaning or changing filters; changing packs; keeping the work area clean, free of hazards, and free from dust; ( sweeping and mopping floors).
12. Interact with other IXC vendor personnel (AT&T, Frontier, Fiber Light, Spectrum, CenturyLink, Etc.).
1. Interact with Manager, and other levels of management.
2. Adhere to Employee Policy Guidelines.
3. Maintain work area in neat and orderly fashion.
4. Maintain logs, records, and databases as required.
5. Establish and adhere to a record of good attendance and punctuality.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Must be able to learn all aspects of the job by on-the-job training, attending seminars/vocational schools or classes, reading instruction manuals, etc.
2. Ability to define problems, seriousness of problems, collects data and establishes facts on Fiber Optic and TDM.
3. Maintain positive attitude towards co-workers and customers.
4. Maintain honesty and integrity in all business transactions.
5. Demonstrate effective time management.
6. Troubleshooting abilities on Fiber DWDM Transports and OC48 systems and TDM DS3’s and Mux’s.
7. Professional and effective oral and written communication skills.
8. Telephone communications skills and etiquette.
9. Ability to operate a motor vehicle. Must have valid motor vehicle operator’s license and have a responsible driving record.
10. Ability to use, develop and create forms, reports and other electronic databases as well as Fiber test results.
High School diploma or GED (preferred college degree in telecommunications). Two-year’s experience with Network Transport switching and Fiber installation. Working Knowledge of the Telecommunication Industry. One year of computer experience, including data entry and database manipulation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak clearly and hear. Must be able to sit for long periods to time. Standing and walking are necessary. Hand to eye coordination and finger dexterity.
Ability to distinguish colors.
Specific vision abilities required are close vision (including looking at a computer screen for long periods of time), distance vision and peripheral vision.
Word processing, building spreadsheets, creating reports, and data entry work performed for long periods of time.
Lifting requirements up to 50lbs and climbing Ladders to run cables.