LOGIX Communications is seeking a Network VOIP Engineer for the Voice Engineering team.The VOIP Engineer provides technical direction for telecommunications activities including troubleshooting and maintaining large telecommunications VOIPs. Develops, operates, and maintains voice, video, and data communications systems. Evaluates existing communications systems to identify deficiencies and VOIP performance improvements.
- Provide support for SIP and TDM based soft switch translations, facilities and features on the Cisco Broadsoft softswitch and Media Gateways, Application Servers, and SBCs.
- Provide technical assistance and support to other Service Management teams.
- Script and/or software development for VoIP application integration, operational tools and engineering projects.
- Support Product Engineering with systems architecture planning, system implementation guidelines, and engineering guidelines.
- Perform lab testing, design, and architecture work.
- Provide off-hour, on-call, and weekend coverage as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Class 4 or 5 TDM/Soft Switch/Hybrid Central Office environment such as Broadsoft, Lucent 5ESS, Nortel DMS, Siemens EWSD and/or Sonus Soft Switch.
- Experience with hosted and cloud based voice applications and services.
- Experience with network monitoring, management and troubleshooting with various tools such as Packet Sniffer utilities and Wireshark.
- Experience in designing, installing and maintaining secure IP networks.
- Understanding of feature delivery in hosted VoIP environment (hosted services, SIP trunking, PRI trunking via IAD, VoIP CPE, enhanced business features, etc.)
- Understanding of VoIP protocols, SIP signaling with emphasis on RTP and SDP, network QOS, IP routing and Ethernet switching.
- Familiarity of DOCSIS and GR303 protocols is a plus.
- Ability and desire to learn and teach new technologies.
- Ability to interface well with customers (internal and external.)
- Must enjoy the challenge of technical concepts and possess the ability to communicate those concepts at varying levels.