According to Cybersecurity Ventures, cybercrime is forecast to hit $8 trillion in 2023 and grow to $10.5 trillion by 2025, impacting businesses of all sizes.
Threats are getting more common and more expensive. In 2022, nearly half of all businesses in the U.S. suffered a cyberattack, causing about $18,000 in damage per attack – an increase of 80% from the previous year. The greater number of attacks, employees working remotely, and employees using their own devices for work all increase the threat exposure for businesses.
Businesses need to take proactive measures for network security, starting with a secure access software edge software-defined wide area network (SASE SD-WAN) solution.
SD-WAN provides multiple benefits for businesses, including both performance and security. A SASE SD-WAN solution integrates a next-generation firewall (NGFW) for robust network security. By combining both functions into one platform, the network and security management work together and eliminate the need for multiple platforms or vendors.
As networks constantly evolve, adding endpoints and allowing and terminating connections, you need a network security solution that adapts to constant changes. SD-WAN with an integrated NGFW doe exactly that.
SD-WAN benefits include:
- Enhanced network security. SD-WAN with an integrated NGFW like LOGIX SD-WAN Secure can enhance network security in multiple ways.
- Data encryption. SD-WAN uses encryption and creates private tunnels automatically to protect data during transmission. This is especially important for businesses that have branch locations or employ remote workers.
- Identity control and inspection. SD-WAN and NGFW take the concept of identity to a higher level by leveraging zero-trust network access (ZTNA) principles. Intrusion detection systems (IDS) and intrusion protection systems (IPS) can examine network traffic flows to identify and mitigate threats.
- Application control. SD-WAN with an integrated NGFW can provide granular application control, allowing or rejecting traffic at the application level. Traditional firewalls inspect traffic when it enters the perimeter. With SD-WAN, you can configure specific policies for authentication and authorization at the application level.
- Deep packet inspection (DPI). DPI goes beyond just looking at the source of traffic, inspecting both the IP header and the packets being transmitted to stop any unwanted viruses or malicious activity from entering the network. Packeting filters detecting suspicious activity can block activity in real time.
- Threat intelligence. Every day, more than 300,000 new pieces of malware surface. Cybercriminals are getting more sophisticated in their efforts and constantly evolving their attack strategy. You need continuously updated threat intelligence to guard against emerging threats. The right SD-WAN solution will automatically update definitions to protect against new threats.
- Microsegmentation. Another SD-WAN benefit is that with the right network security solution, you can segment your network. This effectively stops someone from moving laterally within your network without proper credentials. If a cybercriminal does manage to breach your security, they will have limited access to network resources.
SD-WAN for Performance
SD-WAN also enables centralized command and control to improve performance across the network. By dynamically steering secure traffic across the network, SD-WAN finds the optimal routing to deliver a high-quality user experience. SD-WAN will adapt to changes in the network environment that might impact performance, such as network congestion or outages, and reroute traffic for an automated and seamless experience.
Prioritizing real-time and mission-critical applications ensures high availability and low latency, including automatic failover.
LOGIX SD-WAN Secure
LOGIX SD-WAN Secure provides the command, control and dynamic routing to optimize network performance and prioritize real-time and mission-critical applications. It also provides enhanced network security to protect against today’s ever-evolving cyber threat landscape.
Not only can you optimize performance and security, you can also deliver secure SD-WAN services to remote workers and a distributed workforce from a single platform.
With LOGIX SD-WAN Secure, you get:
- An integrated NGFW.
- Unified threat management, including URL filtering and IDS/IPS.
- Antivirus capabilities.
- Updated threat intelligence.
- Configurable and customizable security policies.
- Robust identity and access management tools.
LOGIX SD-WAN Secure is powered by Versa Networks and the Versa Titan solution. Versa Networks is a Gartner Magic Quadrant leader. The combination of LOGIX’s networking experience and the Versa Networks solution enables a comprehensive approach to optimize and secure a WAN.
Learn more about LOGIX SD-WAN Secure. Call LOGIX today at 281-688-6283, or request a quote and find out why so many Texas businesses trust LOGIX Fiber Networks for business internet and security.