LOGIX Fiber Networks Offers Key Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Steps for Businesses During Hurricane Season
Ensuring reliable connectivity and proper contingency planning can help companies and their employees stay connected in the event of severe weather.
HOUSTON, June 23, 2020 — LOGIX Fiber Networks, a Texas-based business phone, and data connectivity company, encourages businesses to be safe and prepared for the 2020 hurricane season in Texas, which runs from June 1 through November 30. An above-normal hurricane season is expected, according to NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center, a division of the National Weather Service.
The peak threat for Texas exists in August and September. LOGIX encourages companies to take important steps to ensure they are prepared. Company leaders can join LOGIX experts for a webinar on July 16th at 10:00 AM CT which will cover essential components of internet and voice business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
“One of the major negative impacts of any natural disaster is the disruption to communications. First and foremost, disruptions hinder the ability of first responders to successfully do their jobs which is to help those affected and for families to communicate with each other,” said Scott Brueggeman, Chief Marketing and Sales Officer of LOGIX Fiber Networks. “But severe weather also impacts businesses and their ability to maintain operations and communications, especially since many employees are working remotely.”
With the arrival of hurricane season, businesses can be more vulnerable to network outages and data-loss during bad weather. Redundant and secure enterprise connectivity solutions offer reliability and resiliency, especially in times of disruption and disaster.
Establishing Reliable Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Options
LOGIX is sharing key considerations for companies so they can be ready when disaster strikes and keep their businesses running and their employees and customers connected.
- Choose Fiber: Fiber has proven to be the most reliable and resilient technology during times of natural disaster. Fiber networks are more durable than copper infrastructure, satellite, and wireless, and most fiber network routes are out of harm’s way since they are buried safely underground.
- Establish Redundancy: In the case of a power outage or a natural disaster, redundant networks can quickly reroute calls to other available fiber routes to reach the intended destinations. Because LOGIX has two separate, mirrored switching centers that are fully redundant, downtime is virtually eliminated even when problems occur locally.
- Use a Cloud-based Hosted PBX System: Hosted PBX systems include cloud-based phone services and unified communication services, so your employees remain connected despite local conditions. Most PBX systems come with feature-rich options including, caller ID, forwarding, hold, transfer, 3-way calling, auto-attendant, voicemail to text, custom hold music, call recording, instant communications, and more.
- Store Information in a Data Center Location: Obtaining space in a primary and secondary data center location ensures your key applications and data are backed-up and accessible in case one geographic area has a disruption.
Learn How to Protect Your Company In Case of a Disaster
LOGIX, which established its built for business fiber network to withstand the severe weather conditions that can occur in Texas, is hosting a webinar on July 16 on how to prepare your company for severe weather. The webinar will cover a range of topics, including:
- The components of a strong business continuity and disaster recovery
- How to evaluate your potential risk.
- How to measure the cost of downtime.
- Factors you should consider when developing a disaster recovery
- Connectivity solutions that are most effective in lessening the impact of outages.
- How to mitigate other IT threats, such as malware and ransomware attacks.
Join this LOGIX webinar on July 16, 2020 at 10:00 AM CT to learn what you need to know to ensure business continuity should disaster strike.
Throughout Texas, LOGIX connects more than 3,000 enterprise buildings and 105 data centers and will continue to keep businesses connected during times of need. Logix is here to help. Contact LOGIX at 281-336-9006 or visit logix.com to learn more about product and service options. Connect with LOGIX on LinkedIn and Facebook.
LOGIX Fiber Networks is the largest fiber network provider in Texas, providing highly secure fiber-based data, voice services, and data center access to over 10,000 enterprise and carrier customers in Texas.
With a 35-year history and known for its outstanding Texas-based customer service, flexible and fast connectivity options, and best-in-class reliability due to its built-for-business fiber network, LOGIX offers a broad range of business voice and data options. Services include Business Voice, Business Internet, Business Ethernet, Business Wavelength, Business Voice Cloud, Business Voice Trunks, Data Centers, and Cloud Connect.
For more information call 281-336-9006 or visit logix.com