Cable, digital subscriber line and broadband internet cannot provide the speed and bandwidth to handle business communication and data needs. Expanding capacity using any of these technologies can get complex and expensive quickly. Other solutions often require additional circuits and switching, which can increase costs considerably.
Today’s business demands a more robust solution.
Business Ethernet: A Cost-Effective Business Internet Solution
Fiber Network Services using Ethernet are very cost-effective. Ethernet switches, routers and cabling can be bought as off-the-shelf products. Many businesses are already using internal Ethernet connections, which makes any conversion simple. Ethernet enables plug-and-play provisioning and scaling.
LOGIX Business Ethernet service enables companies to use the LOGIX fiber network for low latency and highly available connectivity for business-critical voice and data applications. On the LOGIX fiber network, you get symmetrical, scaled speeds on a state-of-the-art backbone with high reliability. Multiple fiber rings in major Texas markets provide redundancy, with dedicated fiber connectivity between those markets.
LOGIX Business Ethernet service is Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) 2.0-certified to meet the highest standards in the industry.
Connecting Multiple Texas Locations
If you have multiple locations, you need a secure and reliable way to connect them seamlessly without complex conversion technology. Metro Ethernet provides a way to bring all of your business locations onto a seamless network to provide support for Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), video, conferencing and data.
LOGIX provides an IP metro area network (MAN) to connect businesses with multiple office locations. MAN enables companies with multiple locations to create a robust and reliable infrastructure using Fiber Network Services.
LOGIX’s Metro Ethernet service connects 3,000 on-net buildings in more than 105 data centers in Texas. Built on a carrier-grade network, customers can take advantage of multiple bandwidth options up to 10 Gbps for seamless, low-latency connectivity.
Point-to-point Metro Ethernet delivers a secure private network solution with a high quality of service and reliable performance.
The Benefits of Metro Ethernet
Metro Ethernet is not a router-based technology. Point-to-point Metro Ethernet services use switches that provide lower latency and symmetrical speeds. The service is configurable to accommodate point-to-point or point-to-multipoint connections, or any wide area network connectivity needs.
Metro Ethernet also provides a range of benefits that span Fiber Network Services, offering:
- Cost-effectiveness. Metro Ethernet is a cost-efficient solution for multiple locations. By converging your services into one network, businesses can integrate all of their communications. Centralized management makes it easy.
- High reliability. LOGIX offers service-level agreements (SLAs) that guarantee 99.999% uptime using LOGIX fiber networks. Metro Ethernet service is monitored 24/7 year-round at the Texas-based network operations center (NOC). Technicians monitor service for reliability, stability and security.
- Privacy and security. LOGIX customers can get cloud connectivity, with private and secure Ethernet to most cloud service providers. SLAs and diversity options, including building entrances and paths.
- Scalability. With Metro Ethernet, it is easy to expand as your business grows. When you require more network connections or connections to new locations, the technology is highly scalable. You pay only for what you need today, with the ability to scale as your company evolves. If you need to add more capacity or higher speeds, you can increase your service level without having to swap out or buy new equipment.
- Fast installation. Connecting to one of LOGIX’s 3,000 on-net locations typically takes 30 days or less.
- Traffic prioritization. Real-time class of service and quality of service enable your network to prioritize mission-critical and standard traffic.
LOGIX Fiber Networks: Built for Business
Today, 92% of businesses report that they are using some form of cloud services. That number is expected to grow to 95% by the end of 2021. The next big transformation occurring is moving from on-premises environments to mostly (or all) cloud-based solutions. All of this only works if you have fast, reliable and secure business internet. Business Ethernet and Metro Ethernet provide the highly available, reliable and robust business internet you need to power your business in today’s always-on environment.
When it comes to Business Ethernet, Metro Ethernet or Fiber Network Services, LOGIX is different than other providers.
LOGIX connects more than 3,000 enterprise buildings and 105 data centers and is the preferred provider for some of the most demanding businesses in Texas. LOGIX has more than 300,000 fiber miles installed throughout Texas to provide flexible network configuration options to support your evolving business requirements, a resilient network backed by the LOGIX customer satisfaction guarantee, and 24/7 year-round support from a Texas-based customer support team and dedicated NOC.
Contact LOGIX today to see how Business Ethernet and Metro Ethernet can help your business.